Thursday, February 02, 2017

A Twofer - Day One and Two of Watercolour Challenge

Day One - Sea Life



And the sharp eyed will notice the use of pastel in what is supposed to be a watercolour challenge but it's my painting so "ner"! This was a lot of fun to do. It didn't start off as a seal, I had a play around with the background without a formal plan of what would happen. I did think it would end up as a landscape of some form. But I do love seals, from watching the little harbour seals play off Newport beach in Millport to trying to distinguish them from grey seals. I'm incredibly bad at recognising the little differences. Last year I thought I spotted baby seals, turned out it was otters!

Day Two - Flowers


Following orders for this one and yes, my inability to recognise things also includes flowers so I don't know what this is. I have lovely hyacinths which have wilted somewhat, I should have maybe painted them instead so I didn't sound so daft. Am noting I went slightly (more than slightly) skew-whiff on the glass pot I used but it's meant to be a quick sketch so I'll blame that.




No comments: