Monday, January 11, 2016

Why So Many People Are Sad Today



David Bowie talks about performing 'Heroes' in Berlin, 1987

Caitlin Moran wrote this as part of her '10 Things Every Girl Should Know' but it seems apt for everyone.



"Look up here, I'm in heaven. I've got scars that can't be seen. I've got drama, can't be stolen, Everybody knows me now. Oh I'll be free. Just like that bluebird. Oh I'll be free. Ain't that just like me." - David Bowie, Lazarus


 When this video came out, I was still in Primary school and it seemed so exotic to us, almost a mini film when music videos were still a fairly rare occurrence.  Whenever it was on Top of the Pops was such a thrill. His later music might have spoken to our souls, encapsulated our feelings, dream, desires and fears but this was the first for me and will forever be how I remember him.

No comments: