Saturday, October 01, 2011

Movie Challenge getting tricky now.

Day 20: Movie with your favourite actress


Oh gad do I even have a favourite?  I know I am beginning to think I should keep notes to remind myself of things I actually like because I am positive that in a short amount of time I will suddenly go "oh and I *really* like her as well."  But I am hopeless when put on the spot.


Of course the smart people will have already scanned down the list of what this challenge consisted of and prepared.  Smart people will also have done this in 30 days and not the epic amount of time I've taken to do it.


What can I say, at best I live in a constant state of chaos.  It is what it is.


So, what was the point of this...oh yes, favourite actress.  Well, I suppose there are a few.  I'm not so much a person who will see a film just because of who is in it, not really.  A lot of the actresses I do like are of the older generation, I don't know why (and you'll see in the next instalment my favourite actor is also mainly in black and white but for good reason.)


This is definitely one of those films which should be savoured rather than just watched.  I've always liked the actress because she seemed such an assertive bitch!  Call it admiration...




Don't older films look so much more appealing?  I love this film and Bette Davis is utter brilliance.  Strangely one of her later, more popular films I wasn't desperate to see over and over again but All About Eve, All This, and Heaven Too, Dark Victory, Now, Voyager, Jezebel...you could seriously have them on a loop and happily watch them over and over again.

No comments: